Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday September 21- Car loans- Day 2

We started the day by going to the car dealer as soon as it opened (in the pouring rain). After test driving two cars we decided to go ahead and purchase a 2005 VW polo. We thought it wouldn't hurt to go ahead a apply for a loan through the car dealer. There was the possibility of getting approved sooner and they would match the interest rate of our bank. We viewed several rental properties.  Bad news, the loan through our bank was not approved as they would only do the loan for two years based on the type of visa I had and would only finance fora much lower amount. Luckily we were approved by the bank that the car dealer used for financing.

I needed a valid Queensland (state of Australia we live in) before I could finalize the loan paperwork. We arrived at the local Queensland transport location and were greeted with a long line and large waiting area. I told David to go ahead and inspect the next rental properties or he would miss them as we were running late. I figured it would probably take an hour or more to get my application process. I was surprised to be through in 15 minutes time and spent the next hour plus waiting for David. I had no way to reach David as I had our only cell phone. I was unable to be issued my driver's license because I did not provide a copy of our marriage certificate. My passport was issued in 2003 and was in my maiden name and they needed documented proof of my name change. Luckily I was able to pass the time browsing Facebook on my phone for free.

 David and I viewed a few more properties for a total of seven today. We saw a couple more properties that we liked. We finished the day excited that we would be getting a car soon and could get rid of the Rent-A-Bomb soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment