Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday, September 20th- car loans- day 1

Monday morning we went the University. I had an appointment with one of the administrators to take car of some paperwork for my new job. I got a tour of the various spaces, my office, the lab, break room etc. I was given my access key to the office area but require more training before I have access to the laboratory. I also meet with my boss. He gave an overview of the malaria research going on in the laboratory. I was quite embarrassed when I managed to doze off while listening to him talk. He of course caught this momentary lapse. I managed to stay awake for the rest of the talk. David arrived a bit later. We then scrambled to put together all the paperwork that we needed for the car loan. This involved David calling my mom and asking her for all our account login/password information that she had in our files for all our assets and liabilities. We then logged into all our accounts and printed off everything we needed. We ended up spending the rest of the afternoon at the bank until 4:30pm (they closed at 4pm) completing the car loan paperwork. We also managed to look at three different apartments. We had a very busy day but we were optimistic about the car loan and had now seen two rental properties we were interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment